New Faculty Orientation
Dartmouth's New Faculty Orientation to Teaching aims to provide useful information and productive interactions to help you get started successfully in your teaching role at Dartmouth. Facilitated by the Dartmouth Center for the Advancement of Learning (DCAL), the Orientation to Teaching is designed to complement the other welcome and orientation sessions (with your department, the Dean of the Faculty, and Office of Human Resources) that you might attend as you begin your work at the College.
At Dartmouth's New Faculty Orientation to Teaching, participants will:
- Discover resources and support for teaching
- Hear from faculty colleagues about teaching at Dartmouth
- Meet people who can support your teaching
- Meet other new faculty
- Get excited and more relaxed about teaching at Dartmouth
As a result of attending, participants will make progress toward:
- An increased sense of belonging to a community of scholar-educators.
- Awareness of available resources and services to support teaching.
This event is intended for faculty new to Dartmouth each year, or who will begin teaching at Dartmouth in the academic year. The next Orientation to Teaching will take place on September 10, 2021. If you are unsure whether this event is suitable for you, please contact us to inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org.