The Design Initiative at Dartmouth (DIAD)
The Dartmouth Center for the Advancement of Learning together with the Thayer School of Engineering is offering small grants to support faculty in the development and implementation of design thinking activities in current Dartmouth undergraduate courses in the Winter, Spring, or Summer term (2022). We encourage applications from all disciplines.
Each faculty grant recipient will receive a $1,000 stipend at the end of the term in which they teach the course. In addition, you may request up to $1,500 to cover materials and other costs associated with implementing the new curricular module.
Interested faculty are strongly encouraged to attend the upcoming workshop:
Design for All: Deepening Student Learning With Design Thinking
This session is for Dartmouth faculty interested in learning how design-focused activities and projects can be added to any course to deepen student learning and engagement.
- OPTION 1 (in-person/Moore tent): Wednesday, October 13, 2021. 12:00pm – 1:00pm
- OPTION 2 (on Zoom): Friday, October 29, 2021. 12:00pm – 1:00pm
Applications for Winter term are due by Friday, November 5th, 2021 at 5pm ET. For more information contact email@example.com with questions.
Preview the application (PDF) before applying.
DIAD Program Overview
DIAD grant recipients to participate in the following:
- Attend a workshop and at least one design consultation with a DIAD learning designer
- Participate in the cohort kick-off meeting at the start of the term
- Participate in having your students complete a survey or attend a focus session about the design thinking component(s) of the course.
- Complete a faculty survey or attend a focus session related to your participation in the DIAD Program.
- Attend a wrap-up event at the end of the term or academic year.