State Authorization

State Authorization

If you are not currently a matriculated student at Dartmouth College and you reside outside the State of New Hampshire, your eligibility to enroll in online courses may be restricted due to state authorization requirements. Dartmouth College must be legally authorized to provide post-secondary educational instruction by certain states (or be exempt or otherwise not subject to such authorization in a state) before offering online courses or programs to students in that state.

Student Complaint Information for Out-of-State Distance Learners
For all types of complaints, the first course of action is to try to resolve the complaint directly with Dartmouth College.

Students who have exhausted all internal Dartmouth College complaint procedures and who remain unsatisfied may contact the appropriate agency in the state where the student resides.

Contact information for all 50 states and the District of Columbia is provided by the State Higher Education Executive Officers Association (SHEEO) at

Refund Policy
For information about refund policies and schedules, please visit the Tuition and Fees Refund Policy website.