Grants for Attending Teaching Conferences
These events may be discipline-specific or higher education pedagogy-focused. The purpose of participation must be directly related to improving instruction in Dartmouth courses and programs.
Any Dartmouth faculty member, graduate student, or professional staff member who is directly involved with student instruction.
Funds will be awarded to applicants who make a clear case for how attendance will contribute to their pedagogy, course design, or understanding of student learning. Attendance to increase course/curriculum content knowledge will not be funded. The experience must be explicitly and specifically intended to develop one's teaching practice.
Application and Award Process
- Complete the Professional Development Grant application.
- Secure the signature of the chair, program director or dean confirming that the applicant is eligible for a grant and that the experience falls outside the normal scope of the departmental budget.
- Submit the application to DCAL via email, fax (603-646-6906) or campus mail (HB 6247).
- If you are approved for the grant, you will be required to submit original itemized receipts for reimbursement after the event has taken place. These should be sent to Elaine Livingston at DCAL. All receipts must be submitted in the fiscal year in which the travel occurs.
- Awardees will be expected to share their learning with the Dartmouth teaching and learning community through DCAL.
- Applications must be submitted prior to the conference or meeting; no retroactive applications will be considered.